Friday, October 06, 2006

rapturous

Last night was the rapture at the Tivoli.
(or the mighty rapture as their bass player put it)
They were cool, big bass and cowbell leading the way (with a bit of sax thrown in for fun). The better singer looked like a geekier version of sergie from google (not a good look for a rockstar). They played all the classics, and I danced most of the way through. Their support act was pretty cool too, the david Gilmour girls, a dutch 4 piece They were pretty great, but severely lacked a singer to take them to the next level. A hot chick would make them more interesting (but a hot chick would make me more interesting)- that’s why I got married (yo baby yo baby yo baaaaby)
I tried to take some awesome pictures (the roadie had a hairdo that was a sight to behold) but my camera is crap in the dark. And youtube and flickr refused to churn out some great shots. So take my word for it.
Pete is here en route from prague back to durban, we hooked up on Tuesday for dinner. I cooked my first sole (slibtong in dutch). Very easy and very tasty, maybe again this week.
I downloaded the new grizzly bear album from allofmp3.com ($2 an album, forget filesharing) it is such a great album, but I don’t know why. It’s intricate and melodic, almost post rocky, but great (the colorado track is my first post on my new brotherly love mp3 blog, watch this space)for now check this
Ok happy weekend, this blog is lacking cool pictures

No comments: