Tuesday, August 07, 2007

backlog



I need a burst of inspiration, had the usual busy summertime time. Lots of visitors, rose and her sister, dietmar and annie, I was in seattle for week (more on that to follow, lots of tattoos and coffee, no heroin and a disappointing lack of grunge). Anyway, here we go kids, this was a burst of fun cooking we had in june, about a week or so, most of them will get their own post so I can look like a prolific blogger.
I made some thai curry paste. It was pretty easy, you can see all the ingredients, just a little tough to chop them all before blending. You need an inordinate amount of chillis too (20 dried and 20 birds eye). I liked it, but it wasn’t all time, even though I did concentrate on making it as legit as possible (except I did blend it as opposed to pestle and mortar, which is supposed to allow more of the oils to be naturally released). Fuck that I say, life’s too short for pestle and mortar. I made some mussels with it tonight, nice but not as fresh tasting as normal mussels

No comments: