Saturday, September 16, 2006

Clean living

so it’s been 2 weeks of no booze. It’s the first time since I can remember that I’ve been completely booze free. I was expecting the health benefits to be unbelievable, seeing through walls, growing my third eye as well as reservoirs of pep and vigour.
however I have found this to not actually be the case (but maybe I’m a little prejudiced, I have a lot of time for my vices)
we had a guest speaker come in to work today. He was the dutch version of simon cowell from idols (i.e. the bitch). He told us about the “x factor””, the intangible wow that sets people/companies apart. It was interesting, but he was lacking the same x factor, which was unfortunate.
Last night I went to a party for googles. We had dinner in a great hotel in Rotterdam called hotel new york”. It was the hotel in holland that people had their last drink in before departing for the us. Beautiful art deco building with some nice tiles, on the water in r’dam.
We get our kitty tomorrow (I’m voting for the name mittens or September, but I’m not getting a lot of play with it)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

perhaps the "reservoirs of pep" could be the reason your health didn't improve?